PT Music Worship Leader Position
To Apply For This Position, Email Your Cover Letter, Resume And References To CCVMontroseCO10@gmail.com
Music Worship Leader
Supervised By: Senior Pastor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job Summary: Responsible for planning, participating in and growing a church worship ministry.
This is a part-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership, vision, and passion specific to the area of music worship that is in line with the overall mission and vision of Christ’s Church of the Valley (CCV);
- Coordinate with the Senior Pastor to create well-planned and engaging Sunday worship services. This includes leading the Sunday worship service and overseeing the worship team.
- Creating and implementing music worship opportunities which are in line with the mission and vision of CCV;
- Responsibilities include preparation for and leading rehearsals as well as consulting with the Senior Pastor to coordinate the music for the Sunday service.;
- Act within the Board approved annual budget for the worship ministry in accordance with the policies of CCV;
- Attend staff meetings and participate in planning and implementation of church music worship programs that will fulfill the mission and vision of CCV;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Education and/or experience Required:
- High school diploma or GED required; Continuing education preferred
- Experience in leading music worship preferred, experience in guiding music activities for a congregation accepted.
- Experience in traditional service setting preferred
- Commitment to a team approach to ministry
- Relational style of leadership and ministry
- Joyful spirit and good sense of humor
- Able to work without direct supervision
- Proficiency to lead music worship both vocally and with keyboard and/or guitar
- General availability to Senior Pastor and worship team volunteers
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess professional personal presentation.
- Customer service orientation.
- Organizing and planning.
- Attention to detail.
- A clear testimony of saving faith in Jesus Christ
- Agreement with the Statement of Faith and the core values of Christ’s Church of the Valley, in accordance with God’s word.
- Reliable transportation and if driving a personal vehicle, current state driver’s license and applicable car insurance.
- Ability to regularly sit, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, balance, crouch, crawl, push, pull, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to occasionally climb.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Ability to adjust focus.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually low to moderate.
- There is no or very limited exposure to physical risk.
This position only requires occasional local driving to meet duties outlined above.